Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chapter 6 Educational Help and Tips for Students




    In chapter 6, we learned that there are many ways of learning with educational websites and apps. I read that there is many technological help that are available to us. We don't have to write the website down anymore and keep forgetting what website we used there are many helps like Delicious and Diigo that makes it easier for us.  Delicious is a good website organizer for students as well as teachers to use. On Delicious we can save and bookmark any website that we may use for school , work and entertainment. Its a nice website cause you can organize all the websites and come back later to it. You care able to see who else used the website. You can refer to this webpage to see all the sites you saved rather than leaving many tabs open. You can code it website so you can remember what it was about. Diigo allows a person to bookmark, highlight portions of the webpages, add sticky notes,tag the site, and its made easy for you to share the resources.  It was a good chapter to read I learn to do new things that I hadn't been able to do before. I will be able to use educational resources that are online to teach my students and am able to make a lesson plan online. 


Focus Question: What role do you envision for social bookmarking tools like Delicious and Diigo in your information management as a teacher?
  The role that I envision as a teacher is being able to use this sites to help me save the resources that I've used to teach my students. I will use it as a guide to help me save webpages that can be resourceful to me as an educator and to my students. I can go to these sites to show my students what I found rather than trying to find the site that had glanced at. To bookmark you don't need a USB or anything else. All you need is a computer and everything is available in one website. I can use Delicious and Diigo to help me become a better teacher by saving the work that I've done, use and enabled to make me a better educator. I will be able to show this to my future students to help them research on there work. 













Resources:
Maloy, R. W., Verock-O, R. E., Edwards, S. A., & Woolf, B. P. (2010). Transforming learning with new technologies. Allyn & Bacon. 
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4117/4746953058_9315b5cecd_n.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6400358699_1d089846e0_b.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Social bookmarking tools are invaluable - I start students out on Delicious due to its simplicity, but I pretty much use Diigo as it has so many more facets to it and it also duplicates my bookmark in Delicious as well. There is so much opportunity for sharing between teacher and students, as well as among teachers! :)

    ReplyDelete